Wednesday, October 29, 2014

29 Week Update

Here we sit at 29 weeks!  One week has passed since the start of the third trimester and things are going great!  Here's a little update of all that has transpired since my 28-week appointment last week:
10/21 - 1-hour glucose test performed at my appointment
10/22 - notified I failed the 1-hour test by one point.  Seriously.  ONE. LITTLE. POINT.
10/23 - 3-hour glucose test.  Oh, so fun!
10/24 - Realized I hadn't felt any significant movement in 18 hours.  Scared this mama to death. I continued to pray and ask for protection for this baby and I knew the Lord was in control, but I was a nervous wreck. Called the doctor and they brought me in for an NST (non stress test). Everything was fine - heart rate was great! As soon as they hooked me up to the belts, she hated being constricted and started kicking like crazy. I swore up and down she hadn't been doing that.  It still scares me just remembering it all.  But God has brought us this far in this miracle journey and we're trusting Him to carry us the rest of the way through.
10/28 - 3D/4D ultrasound where we got to see this baby's precious, beautiful, sweet face!  I know I'm biased, but I seriously have the most beautiful baby.  She is perfect and I fell even more in love.  I still don't think it has sunk in how amazing the experience was!  You can see below...this child is the spitting image of her daddy!  I don't see many of my features yet, but hopefully she'll have a little bit of me in her!




Weeks:  29w 1d
Size:  A Hawaiian pineapple.  During the ultrasound yesterday, she measured at 2lbs 15oz. 
Sleep:  I have discovered Zantac and it is amazing!  One pill before bed has kept my heartburn either completely away, or I wake up only once per night for some milk.  LOVE it!!!  Still get uncomfortable and the hip pain is come and go, but it's all worth it!
Feeling:  Some days she's a karate kid and I feel her movement all day long.  Other days, as mentioned above, I feel very little and it freaks me out.  We noticed yesterday during the scan that she hides behind that placenta a lot (her little face is mushed up against it a lot) so that is really shielding a lot of the movement.  I just have to remind myself of that when I forget the last time I've felt her.
Showing:  Oh, yes!  I'm really trying to avoid buying maternity clothes and just stick with some basics (2 maternity pants, 1 maternity shirt, 2 maternity camis) and then add my cardigans and stuff. I'm going to have to invest in a few more pieces.  Thank goodness for Target and Motherhood, both are very inexpensive!
Milestone:  Her bedding and curtains arrived!  We've picked out a light fixture and have ordered a rug.  It is really all starting to come together.  My mom and I plan to organize her room and really get it finished the Friday after Thanksgiving.  Hopefully then I can post a room reveal.  It's beautiful and exactly how I imagined it. 

Please just continue to pray with us for health and protection for her while she grows.  And also for health for me regarding blood pressure (which I've been able to keep in check on my own, which is great) - preeclampsia is a big fear of mine.  I cry out daily to God in thanks and amazement for His blessings.  I feel so fortunate and this gift from God is the most amazing experience.  Sometimes I cannot grasp how incredibly faithful our God is.  He is good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment