Friday, October 17, 2014

27 Weeks - the last of the 2nd Trimester

I'll be honest, I have mixed emotions right now.  On one hand, I'm sad that the 2nd Trimester is almost over.  It has been wonderful!  On the other, I'm so excited to keep creeping forward on this journey to meeting our baby girl!  So it is both bitter and sweet to be posting this today.  But I think more sweet...yes, definitely more sweet!

My main concerns lately have been movement.  One day she's kicking like crazy most of the day, and then I'll go a day or two where I have to stop and think about the last time I felt movement.  I know this dang anterior placenta is to blame for most of it, but it makes an already nervous mama that much more nervous!  Couple that with random aches and growing pains (I think that's what these are?) and I've been on a roller coaster of emotions lately.  But enough with that, on to the update!

Weeks:  27 + 3 days
Size:  A bunch of bananas.  She weighs about 2 pounds and is about 14.5 inches long.  She measured tall at the anatomy scan, though, so I'm guessing she's closer to 15 inches at this point.
Sleep:  Same as it has been...hip pain, heart burn and potty trips at night.  I'm not complaining one bit!  I've always been the type that couldn't function unless I had a solid 8-9 hours of sleep at night.  That isn't happening and I'm able to function.  The Lord is preparing me for those first few months and I'm totally OK with that.
Feeling:  When she kicks, they are noticeable now.  No question about it.  And my mom finally felt her move!  Several times...  Jay?  Not so much.  He just isn't patient enough to be still and hold his hand there for 10 minutes.
Showing:  According to Jay, "some days you look really pregnant and others you just look like you need to hit the gym for some crunches."  Thank you, sweetie.  That's what every pregnant woman wants to hear.  The bump is growing big (in my opinion) after not showing for 21 weeks.  And I've managed to put the weight on everywhere - not just out front.  Lovely.  Not sure what my overall weight gain is (I'll find out next week at 28 weeks), but at 24 weeks, it was still 2 pounds under pre-pregnancy weight.  I'm sure this has all been due to cutting out wine.  :)
Milestone:  The room is painted, the crib is assembled, and the furniture has been refinished!  My wonderful parents helped ALL weekend a few weeks ago.  It is really coming together.  The bedding is scheduled to be delivered next week (EEK!!!) and we still need a light fixture (I've found one at RH Baby & Child) and a rug (need some desperate help on this).  I'll do a nursery reveal when it's done and explain all the sweet details that we have incorporated from family heirlooms as well as some new things.  It's really very special!

For now, please just pray with us for protection for this precious child we are in awe of.  God has blessed us every moment of every day with her and we pray for health for both her and me and that she continues cooking at least another 10 weeks!  We appreciate all the prayers from everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment