Tuesday, September 23, 2014

24 Weeks

Wow! Where has the time gone?  I can't believe we are already at 24 weeks.  Time is flying by!  We have to kick it in high gear to get ready for this blessing to arrive in just 3.5 short months.  We have ordered a crib and her bedding and that's about it!  I'm excited to do a room reveal when it's all complete.  A lot of stuff is new, but a lot is also revitalized furniture from our families that is sentimental to us.  So we're blending the old and the new - and it is involving a LOT of time, paint, stain, sanding, etc.  I had my 24-week appointment and all looks good.  Baby Girl's heart rate is 152 and my BP has (praise the Lord) done great - 118/70 today!  We are giving all the glory to God for this miracle, the miracle of health, of her, and of this exciting time.  I go through periods where I'm scared to death - scared of delivery, scared of the epidural, scared of taking care of a tiny human.  But God has walked with us this entire journey, and His promises are that He will continue with us.  Our hope for this baby is that she will be kind, and good, and caring and will accept Chris for herself one day. 
So here's what she (and I) have been up to since our last post:
Weeks:  24
Size:  An eggplant from head to rump!
Sleep:  Sleep?  Ha!  I get it if I take a Benadryl first.  But even then it's not constant.  Mainly becuase of the awesome heartburn that plagues me at night!
Feeling:  Flutters, no more.  Now I feel bumps and thumps!  They're so sweet!!!  I didn't know what they were at first, but now there's no doubt.  She's quite active!  I do have an anterior placenta, which keeps me from feeling as much movement as other mamas, but I know she's in there now!
Also, and this is TMI, but "lightning crotch" started yesterday.  Freaked me out!  Don't know what that is?  Be glad - and just Google it!  :)
Showing:  Oh, yeah!  It's a LOT bigger in the afternoon/evening than the morning but there's no buttoning pre-pregnancy clothes anymore.  I have 2 pairs of maternity pants and there are more on the way that I've ordered online.  Thank goodness flowy tops are in right now because all my shirts still fit for the most part.
Milestone:  Got a clean bill of health on her at our 20-week anatomy scan.  Praise God!  We do know she's going to likely be tall (long femur measurement) and she has my feet!  :)

Your prayers are always appreciated for continued protection over her as she cooks away, and also for us - for our peace of mind and for me to continue to be healthy for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment